Sunday, 7 May 2017

Nail Art with Xroma Nail Vinyls - Part 3

Well, I am finally onto part 3 of my nail art using nail vinyls by Xroma, but boy have I run into some technical issues. First my computer stopped working and then my camera died! So that means that I ended up loosing some pictures and it has taken me a bit to get back on track.

Cyclone - A swirling, whirling, vortex design, right on your nails.

For my first design using these nail vinyls I went for something bright! For the base I used "Need Sunglasses?" "Green-wich Village" & "No Room For The Blues" all by O.P.I.  Then for the Cyclone design I used "Black on Black" by Sinful Colours. I liked how the bright colours of the background contrasted with the black lines.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


For the next design using the Cyclone vinyl I used "Mystery" by Polish Me Silly and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colours.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Giraffe Print - I actually really like this design as it wasn't so obviously a giraffe print and I liked how it could just be a funky pattern.

For this design I reached into my draw of polishes by Powder Perfect. I used"Otherwolrd" & "Prettiest Sight To See."

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Next up I used a gradient of "Sky" and "Wisteria" by Picture Polish for the base and then sponged on "Abydos" by Picture Polish for a sparkly finish!

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Hounds-tooth - I found this vinyl a little more difficult that most of the others. I found that the narrow joins holding each shape of the hounds-tooth together broke apart when I used the vinyl in a traditional way.  So I worked with what I had and used them in a different way to make it work.

First up I used the vinyl right over the top of the "Snow Me White" by Sinful Colour and trimmed off the excess.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Next I made a decal using my Uber Chic nail mat. I used "Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" by Miss Priss and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colours. This is literally the only picture I got of this mani before my camera died!

Lighting: In light box


Mermaid Scales - A well loved design perfect for changeling your inner mermaid.

First up I went with some light blue/green shades for a soft look. I used "Sky" and "Tail Feather" by Picture Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I then went for something more blue and a little bit darker by using "Denim" by Celestial and "Cherish" by Powder Perfect.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Splat - A neat and tidy way to create colourful paint splatters.

I wanted to try something a little different with these and use them to create fireworks. I used "Raven" by Jamberry for the base and then used "Death Defying Acts" "Prest-O Change-O" "Catch Me If You Can" & "Deceptive Practice" by Glam Polish. I then went over some of the splats to thicken up some of the lines and make it look more like fireworks and less like splats of paint.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Light: Direct Sunlight

Light: Direct Sunlight


Next I went with neon paint splatter over white. For the base I used "Snow Me White" and then "Nicest Kids In Town" "Hey Mama" "Big, Blonde & Beautiful" & "New Girl In Town" by Glam Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Tiger Print - Roar!

I wanted to try something different with this one. Instead of using two different colours to create the design I wanted to try contrasting the difference between matte and glossy top coats. For the base I used "Raven" by Jamberry and then topped it off with my Miss Priss glossy top coat. I then used my Miss Priss matte top coat with the nail vinyl.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct Sunlight

Lighting: Direct Sunlight


Then I added some colour, but only a little bit. I used "Ski Teal We Drop" by O.P.I. as the base and "Loneliest Beings" by Shades of Phoenix.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The fourth and final part of my nail art using nail vinyls by Xroma will be posted soon!

-Bettina