Monday, 9 January 2017

Review of 2016 and Ready For 2017

Well, another year gone. How was everyone's first week of 2017? So far so goo for me, but before I start sharing my optimism for the future I want to reflect. I will admit that I have been a bit slack (ok, very slack) with blogging this year. In 2016 I started working full time. Before I stated working I was studying at university full time to become a teacher. Even though I was studying full time, it was very flexible. I could swatch polishes during the day and then work on assignments during the night. Then I graduated at the end of 2015 and started teaching full time in 2016. This meant that all the day time swatching I was doing came to an immediate halt. All nail related activities then had to be done at night and on the weekend. So that is why I have been so absent this year, and for that I apologize. I hope that 2017 will be different, but I'll get to that later. Even though I have been quiet this year there are still many products that I have been using and would like to share my favourite products of 2016!

For my favourite products of 2016 I would like to get my bias favourites out of the way first. By this I mean two of my own Miss Priss products. My own scrub and lotion are at the top of my favourites list. Yes, I am bias because I make them, but I still really love using them. The scrub is super scrubby and great at softening dry skin. The lotion is all natural and the best moisturizer I have ever used. I credit these two products to keeping my hands looking photo worthy.



For my second favourite product I have to mention Heromi Nail Hardener. Out of all the hardeners and strengtheners I have tried this one has worked the best for me. Now it's ingredients aren't the most friendly as it does contain formaldehyde, however, it is the most effective nail hardener I have used (and trust me, I've tried plenty)!



Next up is something more exciting... Nail polish! I tried a new brand this year that I think is worth mentioning. The Sienna Byron Bay nail polishes that I tried had impressive creme formulas, and I do love a good creme polish. I love the colours and plan to use them again (and again, and again). If you want to see that blog post again you can check it out HERE.



So that is my quick review of 2016, but now it is 2017 and I am feeling very optimistic for the future! I have some goals this year that I would like to share with you all. Maybe if I share them I'll be more accountable to following through, and you guys can help keep me on track too!

First up, blog more often! I hoping for once a week. Also a slightly wider range of topics. Still all about nails, including my swatches and nail art, of course, but include more about my work space, the science of nail polish, favourite bloggers, etc.

My second goal is to build up my nail polish business more. That includes more nail polish releases, which of course, will be featured here!

I hope that you all have had a great start to the new year and that your new years resolutions are still on track!

-Bettina