Sunday, 27 March 2016

Polish Envy Review

I was sent some polishes by Polish Envy to review. I had never tried any polishes by Polish Envy before, so naturally I was excited. I love reviewing new to me brands because I never know what I am going to get. Overall, I am quite happy with what I got with these polishes. The Polish Envy shop has a wide range of shades available.

I was sent four different polishes, as pictured below. From left to right: "Life Saver" "Nova" "Shamrock" & "Double Fudge"


Lighting: In light box


"Life Saver" - A true orange with a subtle shimmer. For my swatch I used three thin coats. I found that it dried slightly matte, but a nice glossy top coat brought it back to life. 

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


"Shamrock" - A perfect shade of green for a polish called Shamrock. This polish had a very similar formula to the polish above. I used three thin coats for my swatch, and this one also dried slightly matte on it own too. 

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


"Double Fudge" - A deep red-brown shade with a very thick and opaque formula. Although the formula was thick it wasn't unworkable. You could almost use one coat of this polish, but for good measures I used two thin coats with a glossy top coat. This polish also had a subtle shimmer, but not as much as the previous two. 

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


"Nova" - A nice deep shade of purple with a sparkling shimmer.  The most sparkly polish out of the ones I tried. This one probably had the best formula too, two coats with a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


 Polish Envy is also on Instagram, so go and follow to keep up to date!

-Bettina