Monday, 1 February 2016

Xroma Nail Vinyls Review and Nail Art

Over the past two months I have had the pleasure of trying out some new nail vinyls by Xroma. For the most part, super impressed. I love the new designs and they were easy to use. I love the ease of using nail vinyls to create amazing nail art looks. The possibility of combinations is practically endless and these designs inspired some pretty cool ideas.

Starting with my personal favourite, the mermaid scales! The stencil was easy to use and removed from the backing paper with out leaving any out the cut outs behind - Yay!  I did two designs using this stencil. For the first one I used two polishes by Powder Perfect, a perfect combination for mermaid inspired nails!

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box
Lighting: Direct sunlight
Lighting: Direct sunlight
Lighting: Direct sunlight


I also used the mermaid scales to create some nail art inspired by the children's book The Rainbow Fish. I used "Blue Tiger" by Australis, "The Stars" by Powder Perfect, "Firework" "Ture Colors" & "Take A Bow" by Glam Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The diamond stencil was also another favourite. These were easy to use and gave a nice crisp, clean line when removed.  I used "The Stars" by Powder Perfect and "Presence" by Pretty Serious.  

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Next is the beautiful spiral star stencil. Another great stencil that was easy to use. I used "Precious" by Glam Polish and "Pink Friday" by O.P.I. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash


The mosaic stencil, awesome effect for minimal effort. The only problem I had with these was that the tiny little squares didn't remove cleanly when removing the stencil from the backing. I used "Snow Me White" "Black On Black" & "Cool Grey" by Sinful colours for the mosaic pattern.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I also tried out the stencil for an accent nail using some of my own brand of polishes called Miss Priss Polish (Hint: Part two of the Piece of Me Collection is well underway and coming soon).

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


A classic design, the Moroccan. For this stencil I found that it removed easily from the backing leaving all of the cutouts behind, another yay!  Unfortunately I cannot remember which polishes I used and I didn't write it down anywhere.  :(

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



Spin out of control with the spiral nail vinyl! Best part about these is that you can get two out of one vinyl. I tried to do a spiral water marble under the spiral stencil, but it doesn't look very spirally. I used "Snow Me White" and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors, along with "Paris" by Picture Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The square spiral. Again, there is the potential to get two uses here, so you can really get your moneys worth! I started with a gradient using "Can't Find My Czechbook" and "You're Such A BudaPest" by O.P.I. topped with China Glaze "Fairy Dust."  Then I used the stencil with "Vant to Bite My Neck?" by O.P.I. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The honeycomb stencil was another one that was easy to use and gave a nice clean and crisp finish. I used "Snow Me White" and "Windchill" by Glam Polish. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I also had to do honeycomb coloured nail art... How could I not?! For this one I used "Ingrid" by China Glaze and "Lacy Daisy" by Ulta3.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



Houndstooth stencil. These were a delicate stencil to use, but the effect was worth the effort. I had to remove the cut outs from the backing using tweezers before carefully peeling the stencil off the backing and applying it to my nail. When going to peel the stencil off my nail it did break up a bit, however it was easy enough to remove all of the stencil with a pair of tweezers. Polishes used are "Crenellations" and "Gilded Beauty" both by Powder Perfect. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Finally, the pinwheel design. Another stencil that I had trouble with removing from the backing, the main culprit was the tiny little squares, the bigger squares weren't as much of a problem. The polishes used are from my own brand, Miss Priss Polish, and will be available soon. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


-Bettina