Monday, 8 February 2016

ViNailicious Product Review

ViNailicious is an American based online shop with a huge variety of nail vinyls. I was contacted to review some nail vinyls, so of course I said yes! Before I even received my nail vinyls I was already impressed. Their online shop is stocked with amazing designs. Of course, they have your classic chevrons and straights, but there are designs that I had never even see before! Many of the designs are quite detailed and look beautiful in just the photos of the nail vinyls. When I received my nail vinyls I was very excited to try out the beautiful designs. I found these to be the most fiddly nail vinyls I have used. Now it could easily be operator error, as I do not claim to be a pro at nail art or using nail vinyls. However, that is usually the thing that I like about using nail vinyls, they are just so simple and make your nail art look harder than it actually was.

Flower stain glass window design, easily a favourite. This stencil did require removing some of the smaller cut outs, but no major dramas. I used "Whimsy" "Tail Feather" and "Paris" by Picture Polish over a white base.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



This splattered paint nail vinyl is just awesome! I used polishes by Pretty Serious, including polishes from their Pet Names Collection.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



This next stencil I didn't particularly like. It's not that I don't like the pattern, because I do. What I didn't like about this was the fact that I had to use a pair of tweezers with a fine point on them to remove the cut out pieces of the design as it didn't cleanly remove from the backing. It also didn't leave a clean, sharp line when the stencil was removed from the nail. I tried this one several times, and was unsuccessful. Photographed is my best two results. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



I also had troubles with this tessellating triangle design. My main issue was that I couldn't get a nice clean finish. I tried this one a few times and I was not happy with my results. Photo graphed is my best result. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


-Bettina


* This post was found 99% completed in my drafts, so I have finished it and posted it later than it was originally written.