Monday, 29 February 2016

Superstar Collection by Ulta3

The Superstar Collection by Ulta3 features 6 metallic polishes, and 4 lip stick shades. I got this collection awhile ago, and I tried one of the polishes the next day... I wasn't very impressed.  So I put off swatching the collection, until now.  A quiet and overcast Sunday, a nice day to do some indoor swatching. I found the polishes to be strictly one coat. Two coat, even two thin coats, was too much and made it look thick and gloppy. The formula was very streaky and needed delicate application. The finish was metallic, but also dried slightly matte.  Each of my swatches shows one coat with out a top coat.

"Orbit"

Lighting: In light box

"Ozone"

Lighting: In light box


"Plutonic"

Lighting: In light box


"Galactic"

Lighting: In light box


"Comet"

Lighting: In light box


"Meteorite"

Lighting: In light box



The collection also came with some nail art accessories. Including nail art stickers and stencils. 

Lighting: In light box


The nail art stencils worked quite well. For the base I used "Plutonic." For the stars I used "Galactic" and then I finished with a glossy top coat.

Lighting: In light box


I used "Comet" as the base for some of the delicate nail art stickers. The stickers didn't have a great adhesive on them and the moon stuck up off the nail more than I would like. 

Lighting: In light box


"Meteorite" was used as the base for the laser beam nail stickers. These stickers were very delicate and bubbled underneath a top coat. 

Lighting: In light box



The collection also includes 4 shades of lipstick. Each of the shades has a slight shimmer to it which gives them a little something special!  Left to right: Shooting Star, Moonlight Mauve, Crescent Moon, Supernova.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Top to bottom: Supernova, Crescent Moon, Moonlight Mauve, Shooting Star. I really like how these colours turned out against my skin tone (especially because I'm so pale!).

Lighting: In light box


-Bettina