Wednesday, 10 February 2016

New Friends to add to my Shades of Phoenix Collection

I have collected a lot of SOP polishes. Unfortunately, my own personal collection takes a back seat to my swatching for brands. On the bright side, I almost always have something new to try! I have caught up on some of my SOP polishes, and I'm combining it into one HUGE blog post!

"Midnight Sky" - A beautiful dark navy blue with a sprinkling of holographic dust. A simple favourite.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box


"ICE" - A FaceBook group limited edition polish. A variety of icy blue glitters layered over "Midnight Sky."

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box


"Rouge" - Another favourite. A sexy red with a dusting of holo glitter. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box


Lighting: In light box


"Fire" - The other half of the FB limited edition duo. A red jelly base with a variety of red/pink glitters. One coat layered over "Rouge."

Lighting: In light box


The next lot of polishes is my own personal duo. This duo started at a custom sample sale, and I just loved the glitter combination so much I had to make two polishes out of it. This duo is kind of like my own little tribute to my all time favourite SOP polish, "Dionysus."  Dionysus is the Greek god of the grape harvest, wine, and theater. Put this all together and you have a party! So my duo is inspired by the festivals held in ancient Greece to honor Dionysus, wine, and theater.

"When the Gods Party" - For the colourful festivals. A rainbow of glitters in a clear holographic base. Layered over a silver holographic polish.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"After Hours" - For when the party goes late into the night. Same glitter combination as before, but in a purple grape (for the wine) jelly base. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box


Next up is the 2014 Valentines duo.

"Eternal Bliss" - A pretty pink creme with tiny flakies.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Forever & A Day" - Glitter topper with various pink and black glitters, layered over "Eternal Bliss."

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

I also added a matte top coat!

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



I brought this trio a long time ago, and like some of the other polishes featured in this post, I think I have worn one or two of them before, but never actually took photos of them. So I hope I have done these polishes justice by finally taking and posting photos of them.

"Morpheus" - Dark blue with little glitters.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Selene" - Black jelly base with tiny black glitters and holo silver hex.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Hypnos" - Purple with tiny glitters and stars. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



I have also picked up some sample polishes. I can never resist a SOP sample sale, I always end up buying something!

A colourful glitter combination in a clear base. Layered over a dark navy blue.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


A blue crelly, slightly more on the creme side, with blue, pink, and black glitters. I believe this is a prototype for what was "Little Miss Bad" from SOP's first What's Indie Box contribution. When I saw "Little Miss Bad" and knew I had missed out I was devastated! I was so happy to get my hands on this polish, it is amazing! For my swatch I used just two coats, but could have almost used just one! 

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box



A purple crelly with a mix of colourful glitters. 

Lighting: In light box

And with a matte top coat...

Lighting: In light box




-Bettina

* This post was found 99% completed in my drafts, so I have finished it and posted it later than it was originally written.