Monday, 14 December 2015

Science Fiction Collection by Bettie Pain

Over the weekend Bettie Pain released their Science Fiction Collection, and I have had the pleasure of swatching this collection! Bettie Pain is a relatively new indie brand and this is the first time that I have tried any of their polishes. I was rather impressed with these polishes, including formula, application and design.

"Into Darkness" - Inspired by Star Trek: Into Darkness, this is a dark charcoal with a strong purple shimmer and a rainbow holo, complete with small sapphire glitters throughout. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Prometheus" - Inspired by Prometheus, this is a royal blue jelly style polish with a subtle sparkle throughout and green/blue flakies. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Partial sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Contact" - Inspired by Contact, this is a deep cherry red jelly style polish. It has bright silver flakes, tiny black glitters and a subtle holo. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Interstellar" - Inspired by the movie Interstellar, this is a very pale grey sheer creme with different size black glitters and a subtle rainbow holo. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Partial sunlight


"Moon" - Inspired by the movie Moon, this is a pale nude with golden flakies within and a green shimmer. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Partial sunlight


"Flight of the Navigator" - Inspired by Flight Of The Navigator, this is a sparkling glitter holo explosion, with glitters of different sizes, and pale copper larger glitters. I used two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


 -Bettina