Thursday, 2 July 2015

Things of Who Mani Fest by Shades of Phoenix

I am over the moon with excitement that Shades of Phoenix did a Doctor Who themed Mani Fest Pack! I feel like it took forever to arrive, but it was totally worth the wait. The Doctor Who themed Mani Fest Pack came with two amazing polishes, Union Jack fimo slices, metal triangle frames and starbursts, diamonty and black nail studs, and finally an awesome glitter mix with blue, white and black triangles, white hex, black diamonds, and black dots.

"Wheeze Groan" - A sparkly blue jelly. This is probably the coolest name I have come across for a polish inspired by the TARDIS. My nail art was inspired by the time vortex that the TARDIS travels through in the opening credits. For my nail art on my accent nail I used "Cool Grey" by Sinful Colors and "I saw... You saw... We saw... Warsaw" by O.P.I. and sponged them on to get a dark cloudy blue/grey. I used a spiral nail vinyl from She Sells Sea Shells to create the look of the swirling time vortex. Finally, I added the metal starbursts from the Mani Fest Pack to all of my nails. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Loneliest Beings" - a soft pale grey with silver holo micro glitter. The name of the polish based and the inspiration of the Weeping Angles is just beyond perfect! I used two coats as the base for my nail art. While my base was drying I took a quick swatch photo...

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


As this polish was inspired by the Weeping Angles my nail art had to reflect that inspiration. I chose to do a stone marble look by dabbing layers of polish on using plastic cling wrap. I used "Loneliest Beings" as well as "Cool Grey" and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Teneil is now on maternity leave and the SOP shop is closed. Which is kind of disappointing because I can't wait until the next Mani Fest Pack is released! However, I wish her the best of luck... not long now before her little girl will be entering the world.

-Bettina