Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Leaf by Leaf Collection by Black Dahlia Lacquer

I was sent this beautiful collection by Black Dahlia Lacquer. The Leaf by Leaf Collection contains eight polishes with a variety of finishes, including creative crelly and glitter combinations. This brand is new to me, and the first thing I noticed was the shape of the bottles. Being in Australia our indie bottle are pretty much all the same. These bottles have such a distinct curvy shape, it was nice to see something unique. So clearly I was fascinated by the bottles, but it is what is inside the bottles that really matters!

"Dandelion Explosion" - A bright orange coral jelly with matte yellow and orange hex, with hot pink glitters. This polish applied beutifully, even with the larger glitters. I love this colour for spring, such a nice bright and happy colour. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: In light box
Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Rose Petals" - A raspberry pink crelly with glass flecks that shift from red/orange/gold. A fabulous pink! For my swatch I used three thin coat plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Speckled Lilac" - A pale lilac crelly with mint hex, light blue and aqua squares, periwinkle hex and metallic purple glitters. This one is my favourite from the collection. Something soft and pretty. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat to smooth it all out. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Glass Orchid" - A bright blue/green teal jelly with holo aqua and navy glitters in a variety of sizes. This one applied fairly well, even with the larger glitters, but a good top coat to smooth everything out give it a super smooth and glossy finish. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Grey Twilight Organza" - A grey crelly with large and medium silver holo hex and red and violet metallic dot glitters. I had no trouble with the silver hex glitters but needed to do a bit of fishing to get any of the coloured dots. The polish applied nicely, except for fishing out the coloured glitters. I used three coat plus a glossy top coat to smooth it out. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Teal Hydrangea" - A fresh teal crelly, leaning more to the creme side. So simple and such a great formula. I used three thin coats for my swatch plus a glossy top coat. However, this polish applies smoothly and dries glossy so adding a top coat was just a formality. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Striped Peonies" - A plum crelly with gold, rose, and blue flakies and shifting glass flecks. The blue shades seem to show through the most, giving the purple base a fantastic blue shimmer. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight
"Grape Hyacinth" - A full coverage glitter bomb in a grape jelly base with blue, aqua and green  holo glitter. I used three coat for my swatch but needed two coats of a top coat to smooth out the glitters. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Outside shade

Lighting: Direct sunlight


-Bettina