Sunday, 12 April 2015

Beach Babes Collection by EP Polish Company Swatches + Nail Art!

I have heaps to share to with ya'll today so get excited!!! Stace from EP Polish Company contacted me asking to review a few of her products. I had surprisingly never heard of this brand before, but I am so glad to have had the opportunity to test out these polishes, because they are awesome!  The polishes that I was sent include a top coat and base coat, the Beach Babes Collection, a holo top coat, and a grey holo polish.

Starting with the basics, the base coat and top coat. I used the base and top coat for all of my swatches and nail art. I forgot to take a picture before I used the polishes, so here is a picture of the base and top coat together, after all of my swatching and nail art.

Lighting: In light box

"Bay Blue Base" - I love the base coat. It looks blue in the bottle, but it applies clear. In my quick photo I actually have two coat to show that it really has no blue tint at all.. so free free to use sheer polishes and do cut out nail art with out having a blue base show through.

Lighting: In light box

"Clear Skies Top Coat" - I love the top coat too! It is nice and fluid, meaning that it applies beautifully. It also dries fairly quickly and it is super glossy!


EP Polish also has this handy dandy set of mini disposable nail files. It comes in a packaging similar to what the cardboard matches come in with six mini nail files that detach at the base. I put these right into my wallet... you never know when you might need a nail file!

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



The Beach Babes Collection by EP Polish Company has six bight and creamy polishes. I was seriously impressed with the formula of these polishes (especially the neon yellow). Each polish is super bright and creamy. Perfect to wear on their own, but even better to use for nail art!

Lighting: In light box

"Charlee" - Creamy neon yellow. This was the first polish from the collection that I tired. I was super impressed with the formula of this polish. It is super bright and neon!  But not only is the colour amazing, it is a creamy polish and I only needed two coats for my swatch!

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Outside

And it glows under a black light!!!

Lighting: Under black light


"Coral-Lee" - A bright creamy neon orange coral that glows under a black light. Two coats for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Outside

Lighting: Under black light


"Franki" - A bright creamy neon pink. Another creamy neon that grows under my black light. For my swatch I used two coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Under black light


"Bohdi" - A creamy pastel neonish purple. The colour of this polish is darker in real life. Two coats for my swatch.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Lahni" - A creamy blue teal. This polish is darker in real life and is a fantastic teal colour. Again, just two coats plus a glossy top coat for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Waverley" - A creamy neon pastel green. This polish was the least pigmented of them all. This was the only one that I had to use three coats for my swatch. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



Using all of the polishes I did a rainbow gradient. All of the polishes have amazing and creamy formulas so doing a gradient was super easy as it didn't take many layers to build up to a bright opaque colour. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

I also tested out the holo top coat over my gradient. The holo was much more noticeable over the top of the darker colours, but still super pretty over all. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

A quick look at my rainbow gradient plain glossy top coat vs. with the holo top coat. 

Lighting: Inside with flash



Next was the water marble test, and they passed with flying colours. I mean seriously, just look at those colours!!! 



Again, I used all of the colours, with a white base underneath to help the colours POP!

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

I also tested the holo top coat over the top of my water marble... So pretty!!!

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash




I wanted to do something simple. I used all of the colours and did a striped rainbow over white using striping tape. This is a good way to compare all the colours together against white.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box




Lastly, the full collection comes with some neon nail studs!

Lighting: In light box

So I whacked some cute nail studs over the top of my colourful nail art. For this nail art I used all of the colours again and the dry brush technique.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash



I have two more EP Polishes to share...

First is that holo top coat that I mentioned a few times above. This holo top coat is beautiful. It applies beautifully. It is a bit thin, but in a way I actually like that because you can vary the amount of holo affect when layered over a base colour. I have used many holo top coats that once you apply it over a base colour, that base colour practically turns silver due to the crazy amount of holo packed into a small amount of polish. You don't get that over load in this polish in the first coat, but if you want CARZY holo, just simply add another coat. I used two coats on my pointer and ring finger, and one coat on my middle and litter finger. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Storm in a T-Cup"  - Lucky last is this creamy storm grey scatter holo. For my swatch I used three thin coats. I really like this polish as it is something simple , yet still pretty.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Outside

Lighting: Inside with flash


I am seriously blown away with the quality of the Beach Babes Collection and the other polishes are just as good. 

-Bettina