Sunday, 4 January 2015

Egyptian Hieroglyphs Nail Art

I am fascinated by ancient Egyptian history so when Emily de Molly came out with her Egyptian themed stamping plate I was over the moon with excitement.

Here is my first mani using the Egyptian themed stamping plate. For the based I used the plastic wrap technique and the polishes "Don't Pretzel My Buttons" and "My Vampire Is Buff" by O.P.I. and "Fine Art" by Emily de Molly. The base turned out to be a little more subtle than I had imagined but it gave a great sandstone look to stamp the Egyptian hieroglyphs over. For the stamping I used EDM08 and Konad black stamping polish.




This year I am challenging myself to make some simple nail art tutorial videos. Here is my first attempt with a quick stamping tutorial.


video


Let me know what you think, but please still be nice, it's my first one.

I have also uploaded this video to my YouTube channel if would would like to check it out on there!

-Bettina