Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Tiger Claw - Box 4 Review

I received my first Tiger Claw box while I was away, so it was one of the first things that I opened when I got home. For those of you who might not know, Tiger Claw is a bi-monthly nail art subscription box. It is $19.95 for a box including shipping, not a bad price in my opinion.  This is the fourth box that has been released. Overall I love the concept. I love getting new nail art items and it adds more excitement when you're not sure what you're going to get. However, I was not overly impressed with the items in this months box. I came with 6 items. A wooden cuticle stick and nail file, always a welcome addition as I am always needing more of these two items. There were some metallic blue nail studs and large purple hex glitters. I love that these came in little containers rather than in mini plastic zip lock bags. Then there was two polishes, "Turbulence" by Glitter Gal and "Popping Lime" by Kleancolor. I'm not sure what the previous boxes had in them, but I was expecting something a little more exciting than nail studs and hex glitter. Since it is only the fourth box I'll be nice. Over time I hope that they include more unique items. I am a huge fan of all different indie brands, so it would be amazing if they collaborated with some indie brands. If they are going to include polishes in their boxes I would love to see limited edition polishes. Some indie brands even have amazing nail vinyls and decals that can't be found everywhere.




First a quick swatch of "Turbulence" by Glitter Gal. I was really impressed with this polish, my favourite item from this box. I used four thin coats for full opacity and I love the linear holo of this polish. It could also easily be layered over another polish with one thin coat. This one is a keeper!

Lighting: Inside with flash


"Popping Lime" by Kleancolor over "Turbulence by Glitter Gal. "Popping Lime" isn't really my colour and I found the formula to be a bit gluggy but on the bright side it was quite opaque. This one will be going when I do my much needed de-stash. I used some nail vinyls from the Born Pretty Store to create the zig zag. 

Lighting: In light box


For my next mani I used "Instinct" by Picture Polish for my base then I used some single chevron nail tips and used "Wisteria" by Picture Polish topped with "Turbulence" by Glitter Gal. I then finished off the look by using the metallic blue nail studs from the box over the chevron.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash


My last mani is a super simple one using the large purple hex glitter from the Tiger Claw box over Wisteria by Picture Polish. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Not a bad box, but as they are only a new subscription box I expect that over time they will become more exciting in their content.

-Bettina