Thursday, 11 December 2014

MUD Ombre Manicure

I was sent some MUD Ombre Manicure kits from The Heat Group to test out. Each duo came in a little box with two polishes, a triangle sponge and sponge applicator. I only used the triangle sponge for my ombres or gradients, as I always have.

The first combination is "Flamingo Funk" and "Grapeified." I started with two thin coats of the lighter colour on all of my nails. Then I added both of the colours to a sponge with the colours over lapping a little bit then sponged the colours on in thin layers allowing for a little bit of drying time in between each layer.  Grapified was more of a jelly polish, rather than a creme, so it required quite a few thin coats for the colours to become nice and bright.


Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The next combination is "Satin Cloud" and "Meet Minty." I wouldn't pair these two polishes together my self because "Satin Cloud" has a pearly/shimmery finish and "Meet Minty" is a cream polish. When doing gradients I like to use polishes that have the same finish or formula. However, these two work quite nicely together.

Lighting: In light box


The last combination is "Poppet" and "Radiant Orchid." Like with all of my gradients I started off with the lighter colour first. I added both of the colours to a sponge with the colours over lapping a little bit then sponged the colours on in thin layers allowing for a little bit of drying time in between each layer. These polishes worked really well together as they were both creme polishes, my favourite types of polishes to use for gradients.

Lighting: In light box


I hope my written explanation makes sense, it is the best way I can describe the process. There are heaps of tutorials on YouTube and there is more than one way of doing it.  You can play around with different methods and do whatever works best for you.

-Bettina