Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Moscow by Picture Polish

One of my indulgent buys from earlier this month was "Moscow" by Picture Polish. Firstly, I love the image on the front bottle, but most importantly, it's such an amazing colour with a subtle shimmer. Thanks to all the overcast days we have been having here I didn't get the chance to take a photo in direct sunlight. I brought this polish because I like to wear these types of dark reds to purple shades on days when I am not doing any swatching and when I don't feel like doing any nail art (or don't have the time). Most of the time it is on days when I have to work. Anyway, it's a great polish, just two thin coats and a glossy top coat shown.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

After wearing this shade to work I was inspired by The Nailasaurus to add some chevrons when I got home.  I used "My Vampire Is Buff" by O.P.I. I the simple and sophisticated look (Sammy is great at coming up with these simple yet elegant combinations and I often look to her nail art for inspiration). 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

I have recently brought some other Picture Polish shades which I can't wait to swatch and use in some nail art over the new year!

-Bettina