Monday, 3 November 2014

Bloggers Who Inspire Collection by Shades of Phoenix

Shades of Phoenix has a brand new collection, different from any other collection they have done before. This collection consists of six unique polishes, each has been inspired by a nail blogger. The collection is now available for pre-order from Shades of Phoenix shop.

"The Impossible Planet" by Bettina Nails. Yep, that's right. ME! This polish is my contribution to the Bloggers Who Inspired Collection! I am so excited to share my polish with the word. Teneil (SOP creator) has done a fantastic job at bringing my ideas to life. When I was first asked if I wanted to be a part of this collection I was over the moon. I had so many ideas for polishes running through my head it was hard to pick just one. At first I was thinking of doing a glitter topper because I love their versatility. I finally settled on doing a dark red jelly polish. I am loving all things red at the moment, especially dark red nail polish. My idea was starting to come together, a dark red jelly with loads of tiny silver and black glitter, and of course, silver stars. Next I had to come up with a name. This was harder than I thought. I eventually turned to other types of inspiration, such as music and T.V. shows. I found inspiration for a name from one of my favourite T.V. shows, Doctor Who! Yep, I am a bit of a nerd. I named my polish after one of my favourite episodes, "The Impossible Planet." And so my creation was ready to share with the world! I used three coats and a glossy top coat. I did have to add some extra star glitters as they were a bit hard to fish out.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Iridescent Adolescent" by Muggle Manicure. This is a beautiful purple crelly filled with different shapes and sizes of iridescent glitters and flakies. In different lighting it shows so many different shades of blue and purple. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Medusa In The Morning" by Lazy Lacquerista. This is such a unique polish. Filled with red, brown, caramel, bronze, gold and orange glitters in a blue/grey base. I used three thin coats for my swatch. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"The Secret Of The Ooze" by Pretty Random. This one has a super dark olive/forest green that when layered looks almost black. It is filled with flakies, so many pretty colours! For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Bat In A Blender" by Batty Lacquer. This one has a crazy mix of teal/aqua glitters in a really thin green jelly base. I decided to layer this one over black so I didn't have to worry about doing several layers to get full glitter coverage. With one dabbed coat I got heaps of glitter. Love how this one looks over black!

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Paint Me Blue" by Reluctant Femme. This is an amazing blue with a mix of different shades and shapes of glitter. It just pops in all lighting! I used three coats and a top coat to smooth it out. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight


-Bettina