Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Ulta3 Watercolour Nail Art

I arrived home from work on Friday afternoon to find a surprise blogger package from Ulta3. To my delight I received the new watercolour nail art collection. These are similar to the Sheer Tints that O.P.I came out with a few months back.  The cute little set included "Lily White" as the base colour, then four watercolour polishes, Cello Yellow, Seeing Red, Peek-A-Boo-Purple, Marine Blue. I was super impressed at the formula of these polishes. They all applied beautifully and have a very watercolour like application and effect.

First I just played a simple test of the application with "Marine Blue" over the entire nail and then "Peek-A-Book-Purple" down the middle of my nail. The colours blended really well, maybe a little too well. The blue and purple transition was more visible in real life.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


All the colours! I just went crazy with a dotting tool. I tested out how well the colours overlapped as well as the opacity. They are super sheer by layer fairly well.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I love these polishes. I actually liked them more than the Sheer Tints by O.P.I.. I found that the O.P.I. shades were a bit thick and gluggy, but these shades by Ulta3 are perfect!

-Bettina