Wednesday, 15 October 2014

31DC2014 Days 21-31

I feel the need to tie up some loose ends. Even though it is now 2 weeks since I finished the 31 Day Challenge I feel the need to finish blogging about it since I was blogging about it at the beginning. Unfortunately a massive build up of uni work left little time for blogging. I did finish the challenge on time and I posted all my photos on Instagram. Now it is time to finish blogging about it before I share swatches of up coming collections.

Day 21 - Inspired by a colour
When Ellie (@nailpolishaddicted1) and I decided to do a polish swap she asked me what my favourite colour was. So I told her red. Ellie owns Bella's Touch Lacquer so she made me a surprise polish which I got with my nail mail. In a way this is inspired by a colour because I said I liked red, so this counts for the challenge, right?

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Day 22 - Inspired by a song
This was inspired by the music video to Katy Perry's "This is How We Do" music video. This was also partly inspired by Jaunty Juli

Lighting: In light box


Day 23 - Inspired by a movie
This is my attempt at Olaf nails, inspired by the movie Frozen. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


Day 24 - Inspired by a book
My friend suggested I do nails inspired by the story Alice in Wonderland. Each nail represents a different character, including the Mad Hatter, Alice, The Cheshire Cat, and The Queen of Hearts. 

Lighting: In light box


Day 25 - Inspired by fashion
My nails were inspired by one of my favourite tops. I'm not sure if it is exactly "fashionable" but I like it. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Day 26 - Inspired by a pattern
All  I have to say about this one is that I shouldn't have attempted this design free hand.

Lighting: In light box


Day 27 - Inspired by artwork
I have wanted to do Van Gogh's Starry Night for awhile, so here is my attempt. 

Lighting: In light box


Day 28 - Inspired by a flag
God bless the United States of America with Lady Liberty!

Lighting: In light box


Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



Day 29 - Inspired by the supernatural
I had a bit of trouble coming up with an idea for this one, so I asked a friend. She responded with, "Um, I don't know, a devil ghost thing?" So that is exactly what I did. 

Lighting: In light box


Day 30 - Inspired by a tutorial 
I saw the cutest little cat nails by @Sloteazzy and I knew I had to do them. 

Lighting: In light box



Day 31 - Honor nails you love
I decided to recreate a design I saw by @morenailpolish. I loved the colour and the simplicity of it, as well as the use of holo polish!

Lighting: Inside with flash


So that is it, I made it through the 31 Day Challenge once again! 

-Bettina