Wednesday, 15 October 2014

31DC2014 Day 13-20

I have been so busy with a major uni assignments that I haven't had time to blog about my progress through the 31 Day Challenge. Unfortunately uni work comes before nails. So now I am doing a big catch up by posting my nail art from the 31 Day Challenge, even though it's almost two weeks since I have finished. I felt like I have to post these on my blog because I did start out blogging about the challenge and felt the need to tie up loose ends and finish it off. So here are days 13-20...

Day 13 - Animal Print
I couldn't decide what colour combination to do for this so I did three different combinations. Each combination uses polishes by Picture Polish and my trusty Barry-M Nail Art Pen in black.

For the first combination I used 'Peaches n' Cream" over the top of "Whimsy"

Lighting: In light box

For this one I used "Mellow Yellow" and "Twinkle"

Lighting: In light box

Lastly I used "Tail Feather" and "Wisteria"

Lighting: In light box


Day 14 - Flowers
Probably one of my favorites so far. I used "Black on Black" as my base then everything else is done with acrylic paint. These were inspired by Jaunty Juli.

Lighting: In light box


Day 15 - Delicate
I started out trying to use as many indie polishes as I could during this challenge so here is "Ambulant Heart" by Arcane Lacquer with a delicate lace sticker from the Born Pretty Store. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Day 16 - Geometric
I used "Black on Black" by Sinful Colours as my base. The holo polishes are "Miss Bliss" "Blue Heaven" "Kismet" & "Eternal Beauty" all by Color Club. I also used what I feel was like a role of striping tape, but it was worth it.




Day 17 - Glitter
For this the only polish I used (besides my base and top coat) was 'Pink Yet Lavender" by O.P.I..

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box



Day 18- Half moon 
I went for something clean and simple for half moon day. I used "Snow Me White" by Sinful Colors and 'Twinkle" by Picture Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Day 19 - Galaxy 
One of my favourite days. My friend suggested purple galaxy nails, so I did. I used about 5 different polishes for this one. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Day 20 - Water Marble 
I am no water marble expert but here is my attempt anyway. I used "Fairy Floss" "Mellow Yellow" "Wisteria" and "Tiffany" all by Picture Polish.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

-Bettina