Thursday, 25 September 2014

September What's In-die Box?

Septembers theme is Spectacular Space! This is the theme I have been most excited for. I am fascinated by all the mysteries of space so to have polish inspired by the unexplored depths of our universe is very exciting for me. With each clue and inspiration picture I became more excited. I love how there are pictures the polishes are inspired by that are shown through out the month. I think about polish almost all the time and I often wonder if I was an indie maker what my polish would look like it if was inspired by that picture.

This months box all of my swatches as topped off with "Quick! Gloss Me Up!" by Peita's Polish.

"Falling Galaxy" by Glam Polish. It is no surprise what creation came from Glam Polish this month, but Rachel can do no wrong when it comes to purple holos. A simply stunning polish as usual. For my swatch I used two coats.

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


"Luna Lights" by Lilypad Lacquer. This is a beautiful soft grey with gold flakies. It has much more of a shimmer in the sunlight than my camera could capture. In the softened light of my light box you could really see all the gold flakies. I love this polish as a work appropriate, or go any where neutral shade. Two coats for my swatch. 

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Solar Flare" by Peita's Polish. This is such a cool colour, with a slightly pearly glittering finish. This was not at all what I was expecting from Peita's Polish. I feel it is quite different from their usual creations, but I actually love this one, especially that amazing colour! I used three thin coats for my swatch.

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Sparkling Supernova" by Two Birds Lacquer. A black jelly base filled with tiny colourful glitters including blue, red, and sliver, with bronze hex.  This was exceptionally had to capture. It also had a very sheer base so I had to use four coats for my swatch. I would like to try this over a solid black base with two coats and see how it turns out then.

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Star Queen Nebula" by Moonstone Nail Polish. A glistening blue base with various blue glitter. Fantastic formula for a polish with lots of litter, it practically applied itself. Two coats for my swatch. 

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Each month this What's In-die Box? is available from Peita's Polish. For October the theme is Holo-ween featuring all things holo and Halloween. I am almost just as excited for Octobers box as I was for this months box.

-Bettina