Sunday, 21 September 2014

NEW AUSSIE INDIE BRAND - Iridescent Nails Getaway Collection

I am happy to share swatches of a new Aussie indie brand today! Iridescent Nails is based in Canberra and run by Trenae. This new brand launches tonight (Sunday 21st of September) at 6pm. The first collection is the Getaway Collection. This collection consists of 5 shimmery shades inspired by some of the best things about a getaway holiday. Some of the polish names even rhyme! There is also a special signature shade that is being released as well as their own top coat. All of my swatches are topped with their Iridescent Nails Top Coat. Overall I was quite impressed with the formulas of these polishes, especially for a new brand that might still be finding their feet.

"Apple Martini" - This is a beautiful shimmery apple green. I found that the first coat was quite sheer but after three thin coats it was nicely opaque.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Pink Bikini" - I love this bright pink! It also has a fantastic formula. For my swatch I used three thin coats and finished it off with the Iridescent Nails Top Coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Orange Popsicle" - The exact colour of the orange popsicles that I used to have as a kid. Such a beautiful shade of orange with a pearly finish. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Salior's Delight" - Another great shade in this collection. However, I did find that this one stained a little bit so I recommend a good base coat. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus the Iridescent Nails Top Coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Violet Night" -  I love this shade of purple, it's just so perfect. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus the Iridescent Nails Top Coat. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Iridescent" - My personal favourite. This is the signature shade for Iridescent Nails. It is a beautiful pearly white with a strong blue shimmer. For my swatch I used two medium coats along with the Iridescent Nails Top Coat. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


-Bettina