Sunday, 10 August 2014

Born Pretty Store Nail Art

I was sent some nail art items from the Born Pretty Store to try out. I am so glad that I have been doing more nail art recently, and testing out these products was so much fun. I was sent three different things so I have a nail art look for each.

I am in love with this pretty french mani using some rose nail decals. They were really easy to use. Applying them was similar to applying temporary tattoos. The polishes I used for my french nails were "Sugar Coated" by Ulta3 and "Snow Me White" by Sinful Colors. I used the rose decal as an accent nail and I think it looks amazing. I've never had something this pretty and delicate on my nails. I still need to test these rose decals out over a darker base and see if it is still opaque enough to show up.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I saw these colourful steel bead chains and at first I was a bit stumped on what to do for nail art with them. So many ideas, but could I pull it off? I opted for a simple look using the neon orange chain and "Snow Me White" and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors. I found out that you really do need to cut the chain to length before apply them to your nails. I tried just trimming the excess off but because of the steel balls and chain it required a little force that didn't work while trying to keep the chain in place on the nail without messing it up. After I had figured this out, I used some cuticle nippers to cut the chain to length then applied it on top of my top coat... much easier this time. In my head I thought the neon orange chain over the white would look best, but I actually really like it over the black with the white contrasting on the sides. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight


The last product, and my favourite, was some black nail art studs. They come in a set of four different sizes. The possibilities are seriously limitless! I have so many ideas using these nail studs and I am going to try and do some more over the next week or two. I went with a really simple look using the three different sizes of the nail studs over my favourite red "With My High Heels On" by Powder Perfect. I started with the nail studs just being an accent on one nail, but then I decided to go ahead and do all of my nails. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


Use the code BUG10 to get 10% off your Born Pretty Store order. I love this store as their nail art supplies are pretty much endless, and for good prices too.

I am planing on doing more nail art looks with each of the three nail art accessories that I was sent, so keep an eye out!

-Bettina