Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Stop! Collaborate and Listen Trio by Pretty Serious

I have had the privilege of swatching the Stop! Collaborate and Listen Trio by Pretty Serious. This collaboration trio involved three talented nail ladies, one for each polish. These are actually my first polishes from Pretty Serious so I was very excited to try them out.  For each swatch I used two coats of polish and topped it off with the "Crystal Clear" top coat by Pretty Serious. I'll have a few words about the top coat at the end.

"Stuck in the Middle" by The Polish Haven. This polish is beautiful and my personal favourite from the trio. It has a bright fuchsia base with iridescent flecks. I love the colours that show through on this polish, sometimes it looks more red, other times it looks very pink.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Swatch and Learn" by Swatch and Learn. This polish has a green jelly base with irridescent shifting rainbow glass flecks and copper and gold flakes. Personally, I really don't like the base colour, greens just aren't for me. However, I do love the pretty shimmer that this polish gives off. To me it was a very pinkish silver shimmer. Very pretty.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


"Undercover Mermaid" by Lab Muffin. This polish is very subtle. It has a very soft lilac/grey base with iridescent green flakies and glass flecks. This is a very neutral colour, but in the right lighting the flakies and flecks it is a beautiful subtle colour.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


I used the "Crystal Clear" top coat by Pretty Serious over each swatch. The top coat was super smooth to apply! It was also nice and glossy. I didn't time the drying time but it did seem to dry rather quickly. Usually I am pretty good at reading at watching a movie or reading a book while my nails dry and I don't pay attention to the time often. I wore Stuck in the Middle to work with the top coat over the top, I didn't get any chipping or tip wear during the day. I don't know how long my nails would have lasted as I had to redo my nails at the end of that because I can't wear a polish for longer than a day! Overall I found this to be a great top coat. I am still so impressed with how smooth the application was!

-Bettina