Thursday, 10 July 2014

Love, Angeline Polish Swatches

I was sent some polishes to swatch by Powder Perfect who are now stocking Love, Angeline Polishes. Love, Angeline is a new to me brand all the way from America. The three colours that I have to share are all currently available from the Powder Perfect shop.  You can also check out the Love, Angeline shop.

"Marine Life" - This is a super sparkly polish filled with micro glitters in a clear base. It has a mix of dark blue, green, and purple micro glitters which give it a deep, dark, and kind of mysterious feeling. The colours in this one reminded me more of a peacock, but either way it is still a pretty polish. This polish I found to be a little thicker than I would have liked. It also dries slightly matte, so a top coat is needed.  I used two to three coats depending on thickness for my swatch plus  glossy top coat to smooth it all out and add some shine to the sparkle.

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

"Shade of the Evening" - This polish has an olive green base with a gold shimmer. The formula for this one was a little thin, so for my swatch I used four thin coats plus a glossy top coat. I found that adding a glossy top coat really emphasized the golden shimmer.

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

"Let Me Fly" - This one is a beautiful teal green holographic polish with flecks and iridescent glitters. This is such a beautiful polish. Depending on the lighting you can seen the different type of colours and glitters. I also found this one to be slightly thicker than I would have liked. For my swatch I used two coats plus a glossy top coat.
Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

-Bettina