Saturday, 12 July 2014

Lady of the Palace Trio by Powder Perfect

Look at what just arrived at Mei Mei's Signatures! Lady Of The Palace Trio is an exclusive collaboration with Mei Mei's Signatures and Powder Perfect. Yet again, Powder Perfect has transported us to another time and place through the inspiration behind the polishes. This trio is inspired by the French aristocracy and their lavish lifestyles. With such a rich and exciting era of history inspiration has been taken from their extravagant estates, frilly dresses, and powdered hairstyles.

"La Dauphine" - This is a warm based maroon holo that features bronzed flakies. Such a stunning polish. This is the kind of polish that I love to wear! For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

"Escape To The Petit Trianon" - This is a forest green holographic polish with gold flakies. The gold flakies in the green base give it a wonderful colour and shimmery gold appearance. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: In light box

"Crinoline" - This is an ivory crelly with aqua, caramel and gold glitters. The caramel and gold glitters give the ivory base a bit of a dirty cream colour, but I love the addition of the aqua glitters for  soft pop of colour. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

One of my favourite things about this trio is that in includes different type of polishes. At the moment in the world of Aussie indie polishes the current trend seems to be the use of flecks and flakies along with holo dust in different combinations to create super sparkly polishes with colour shifts. This trio features these types of polishes (and well executed, I might add), but it also has what I see in my mind as the more traditional type of indie polishes. The classic crelly base with different coloured glitters. Don't get me wrong, I love my holo, coloour shifting polsihes, but I also love the classic combinations that first drew my attention into the world of indie polishes. This trio has a wonderful combination of the new and the old.

This trio is now available from Mei Mei's Signatures!

-Bettina