Thursday, 5 June 2014

Polish Me Silly Swatches

I was sent some beautiful polishes to swatch by my favourite American indie brand, Polish Me Silly. My favourite thing about Polish Me Silly is their use of neon glitters. I am so excited for their new Blast Off To Neons Collection! I received three polishes from this new collection, and I plan on getting more from the collection soon. As well as some of the new neon glitters I was also sent a thermal polish from one of their previous collections.

"Minty Madness" - A mint to white thermal with neon hex glitters. When it is cold it is mint, then it is white when hot. This was a great polish. It was smooth to apply and it had a great colour change. I also love the use of the neon glitters in the pastel base.  For my swatch I used three thin coats with a glossy top coat.

Lighting: In light box - Cold

Lighting: In light box - Transitioning 

Lighting: In light box - Transitioning 

Lighting: In light box - Transitioning 


Lighting: In light box - Transitioning

Lighting: In light box - Hot

I also took some pictures under my black light to show the glow of the neon glitters. The glow wasn't super strong on this one, but more noticeable in real life.

Lighting: Under black light

Lighting: Under black light 

"Eye Candy" - This is a colourful explosion of pink, green, yellow, blue, and orange glitters in small hex, bar, and star glitters. This polish, and the next two polishes, are part of the new Polish Me Silly Blast Off To Neons Collection. I love that Polish Me Silly has come out with more neon polishes, they really do make the best neon polishes. For my swatch I dabbed one coat over black. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

This one looks AMAZING under a black light! So much vibrant colour!

Lighting: Under black light

Lighting: Under black light

"Girl Code"- A cute and girly mix of pink, purple, and blue pastel/neon hex and bar glitters in a clear base with medium pink dots. I love that this one is soft and girly, yet also neon at the same time. This could look great paired with different base colours and I look forward to trying out some combinations in the future. For my swatch I dabbed one coat over black and added a glossy top coat to smooth it out. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

There wasn't as much glow to this one compared to the others,but it still looks cool. 

Lighting: Under black light

Lighting: Under black light

"Sunny Daze"- A bright, summery mix of pink, orange, and yellow hex and bar glitters in a clear base. This is such a perfect combination of colours for summer, and could be layered over so many colours. I chose to layer it over black as it is a neutral colour and really helps the colours to pop under a black light. For my swatch I dabbed one coat over black, and added a glossy top coat to smooth it all out. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

I think this one had the best glow, especially against the black background.

Lighting: Under black light

Lighting: Under black light

These polishes are available from the Polish Me Silly Etsy Shop.

-Bettina