Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Melancholia Collection by Powder Perfect

The Melancholia Collection by Powder Perfect is inspired by the deep, dark human emotions. Melancholia is defined as a mental condition characterized by great depression of spirits and gloomy forebodings. Jacinta has managed to make something so dark, and an often not talked about subject, so beautiful. This collection is available from today from Powder Perfect. It features six different polishes, three glitter polishes and three different type of holographic polishes. The glitter polishes will be available for $10 and the holographic polishes will be available for $12. For the whole collection it will be $58.

"Foreboding" - This is a stunning holographic pearly polish with a blue/green shift. Outside it is very holo but inside you can see more of the base colours showing through. Amazing formula on this one. I used three thin coats for my swatch without a top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

"Grief" - In the sunlight this is a beautiful grey holo, in more shady areas you can see the blue/green colour shifting glitters. The formula on this one was slightly thick but still workable. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

"Obsession" - A rich green jelly base packed with medium and small emerald green glitters. I used three coats for my swatch, and I waited in between each layer for it to dry a little bit to prevent dragging the glitters. The formula on this one wasn't too bad, but I did need two coats of my top coat to smooth it out completely. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

"Despair" - A stunning blackened navy linear holographic polish  The colour on this was amazing. I love the look of the almost black navy. This is my personal favourite from this collection. The formula of this polish was perfect, I used two coats for my swatch without a top coat.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

"In My Dreams" - A deep purple jelly base filled with gold flakies and iridescent glitters with a blue shimmer. The formula on this one was ok. For this one I really needed to wait in between layers.  I used three coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

"Addictive Personalality" - A really pale, soft pink base with navy, turquoise, pink, and coral glitters. The formula on this one was fairly smooth, but I did wait a bit between coats to prevent dragging the glitters. For my swatch I used three coats plus a glossy top coat. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

-Bettina