Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Party Girl Lacquer Swatches and Nail Art - Part 2

I finally have part 2 of my swatches from Party Girl Lacquer. I gave up waiting for the sun to come out to swatch these polishes but I hope I still do them justice.

"I Wanna Flair" - A silver holographic glitter topper. Usually I would swatch something like this over black, but I chose to swatch this polish over a blue ombre to show off the versatility. For my base colours I used (L-R) "I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw" by O.P.I., "Blue Marlin" by Ulta3, "No Room For The Blues" by O.P.I., and "Baby's Got The Blues" by Miss Ashleigh. I layered one thin coat of "I Wanna Flair" over each colour and added a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Outside shade



"Magic Fruit Punch"- This is such an amazing polish! It  has a rainbow of small, colourful glitters in a silver holographic base. For my base I used "Cool Grey" by Sinful Color topped with "I Wanna Flair" then dabbed one coat of "Magic Fruit Punch" over the top. 

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Sunlight

Lighting: Partial sunlight
I added some single chevron stripes over the top in black. I like the contrast between the colourful glitters and sparkle of "Magic Fruit Punch" and the sharp black.

Lighting: Sunlight

Lighting: Sunlight

I liked the contrast with the black chevron so I decided to try layering "Magic Fruit Punch" over black. I dabbed two coats over black with a glossy top coat. Unfortunately, the little bit of sun that I did get hid behind some clouds by the time I had finished this and went outside to take photos.

Lighting: In light box



-Bettina