Wednesday, 2 April 2014

The Joys of Nail Mail, Blog Sales and Grab Bags!

Today I am sharing a few of the random polishes that I have gotten from nail mail, blog sales and grab bags.
Nail mail has been one of my favourite ways to connect with other nail addicts as well as try and get my hands on some new brands of polish. I always love the excitement of opening up a box of nail mail! Whenever I see that someone is having a blog sale I immediately jump with excitement! I love blog sales because each time I've brought from a blog sale I have gotten some great indie polishes for fantastic prices. I've gotten one grab bag, with a surprise mix of indie polishes.

"Pool Party" by Pretty & Polished is one of the surprise polishes that I got in a grab bag. This one is so beautiful and fun! A mix of rainbow glitters in almost every shape, size, and colour in a blue crelly base. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a top coat.



"Regal Beginnings" by Emily de Molly, a polish I managed to snatch up at a blog sale. I don't have very many Emily de Molly polishes, but I keep wondering why I don't own more! Emily de Molly polishes has to have some of the best formulas that I have ever used, always smooth and easy to apply. Three thin coats plus a top coat.




"Karmeleon" by Lilypad Lacquer. A glittery green to purple duochrome. Two thin coats layered over black. I couldn't stop looking at my nails and the colour transition. 





I have no idea what the name of this polish is, or even the brand. It was a cute little mini in a grab bag. The purple base is quite sheer so I used five thin coats plus a top coat for my swatch. Such a beautiful smooth formula and I love the glossy finish. If anyone knows what polish this is let me know!



Next is a fabulous polish that I got in a grab bag. This is "Snowball" by Darling Diva Polish. Different sized and shaped white and iridescent glitters in a clear base. It also came with a little bag of snowflake shaped glitters! I layered one coat over "Baby's Got the Blues" by Miss Ashleigh then placed some snowflakes over the top and added a top coat. 




"Mathew Peri" by I Love Nail Polish dabbed over "Cool Grey" by Sinful Colors. Such a cool combination of  charcoal and blue sparkly glitters! This was another polish from a grab bag. 




"Summer Romance" by Novel Nail Polish. A sandy nude polish with flakies. Three thin coats plus a top coat. This was one of the random polishes I received in an epic nail mail package.




"Twilight Sparks" by Serum No.5. A sparkly, almost olive green polish. The formula was quite thin so I used five coats for my swatch but it was still beautifully smooth. Another nail mail polish.




I will probably have more random polish swatches, eventually. But soon I am going to have something a little bit different and out of the ordinary...

-Bettina