Monday, 28 April 2014

Party Girl Lacquer Swatches and Nail Art - Part 1

Party Girl Lacquer is a US based indie brand that I have had the honor of swatching this week.

"Freeze" - A blue polish with a holographic shimmer. This one is quite opaque and dries on its own to a matte finish, so for my swatch I used two thin coats plus a glossy top coat. Such a pretty polish with a beautiful formula.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Macro with flash
"Sing, Sister" - A combination of different sized and shaped pink, blue, purple, and silver holo glitters in a clear base. Another easy to work with polish, with the right amount of glitter. I dabbed two coats over "Freeze" with a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Ice Dreams" - A beautiful combination of iridescent glitters in a sparkly base. I layered two thin coats over a black base with a glossy top coat. I love iridescent glitters, and this one does not disappoint! 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Outside shade

Macro in shade

Now time for some nail art as an added bonus!

First is a pastel pink and blue gradient using "Pink Friday" by O.P.I and "Baby's Got The Blues" by Miss Ashleigh with glitter placement using "Sing, Sister" down the middle of each nail. It took ages to pick out all the tiny glitters and place them around the larger ones, but I think it was totally worth it. I love how this turned out! 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Another gradient, this time featuring "Ice Dreams." For my blue gradient I used "Baby's Got The Blues" by Miss Ashleigh, "No Room For the Blues" by O.P.I., "Blue Marlin" by Ulta3, and "I saw... U saw.. We saw... Warsaw" by O.P.I.. I used "Ice Dreams" as a glitter gradient over the blue gradient. I love the icy blue look of this mani.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box
For my last bit of nail art I decided to do some stamping over "Freeze." I used stamping plate EDM01 with white polish.  Up close this one is really pretty as you can see the shimmer of the blue polish under the stamping. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Part 2 coming soon!

-Bettina

P.S. Use the code "BETTINANAILS" for 10% off any of the Party Girl Lacquer Polishes that I have swatched!