Thursday, 20 March 2014

Rydell High Nail Art

The Rydell High collection is perfect for some neon nail art! I am really excited to share this nail art, I feel like I haven't done much nail art in awhile and I am quite proud of how it turned out, even though it's not as good as I had hoped.

I had to try a water marble with these beauties. I found that some spread better than others. My personal favourite from the collection "Sandy" didn't spread as well as I had hoped. "We Go Together" was one of the better colours that spread and still maintained it's vibrant colour. For the water marble I used a white base, I think my ring finger turned out the best.  :)



This next attempt at nail art was a bad idea! This took hours, I'm not even sure exactly how long, but it was hours! I've been trying to master some new advanced stamping techniques... Clearly I need more practice! I tried following a few different techniques. One reverse stamping tutorial I followed was by Oh My Gosh Polish on YouTube, you can watch it HERE. I found that when I placed the design on my nail it was really thick and it bubbled. So I tried the decal tutorial by Nailz Craze, see HERE. I had the same sort of problem with this technique. Lastly I followed a tutorial by Nail Stamp 4 Fun, you can watch it HERE. This technique worked slightly better for me. My index finger probably turned out the best using this technique. My little finger was ok, but a little bumpy. On my middle finger only half the design came out so I did the rest by hand. For my ring finger I gave up on filling in the image then stamping it on so I stamped the design on as usual and then filled it in, then went over the lines to define them. I will need more practice but overall I am proud of my efforts even though it didn't turn out as I had hoped.





Close up of my ring finger

Close up of my index finger

That is it for my neon Rydell High nail art, hope you liked it!

-Bettina