Monday, 24 March 2014

NBLacquer

Tonight I have some fun polishes from NBLacquer. For a change I decided to incorporate some simple nail art into my swatches.

"Greyscale" has all different kinds of black and white glitter (including some cute mickey shaped glitters) in a grey base. I found this polish to be really sheer so I layered two coats over "Cool Grey" by Sinful Colors then added a top coat to smooth it out. For the chevrons on my ring finger I used "Snow Me White" "Cool Grey" and "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors



"Spring Poppy" is an orange jelly with a colourful mix of glitters in different shapes and sizes. This one was also quite thin so I used 5 thin coats for my swatch with a top coat. Even though the formula on these first two was quite thin they were still smooth and easy to work with. I added a cute little flower to my ring finger that I received in some nail mail.



"Rustic Mint" is a combination of different silver and gold glitters in a dusty mint base. This one was a bit thicker than the previous two polishes so for my swatch I used three thin coats plus a top coat. To jazz this one up I added some gold triangle nail studs.



"Pink Lady" is a dusty pearl pink with a subtle silver shimmer. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a top coat. I added some roses to my ring finger using "Cherry Red" and "Pink At Him" by Sally Hansen, "Pistache" by Sinful Colors, and "Jade is the New Black" by O.P.I.



-Bettina