Thursday, 6 March 2014

February What's In-die Box?

February's box theme was bakery delights. I got this box thinking it would contain a lot of cute pastels, and it did have some pastels, and a few other surprises! I think this is the best box so far!

The sun has decided to go into hiding,  and then teases me by only coming out on the days that I have work. I did my best to capture these polishes in direct sunlight, but unfortunately there isn't much I can do about the weather.

"Blackberry Beauty" by Lilypad Lacquer. This one was really hard to capture. It contains flakies, and fine holo glitter in a dark purple base that also has a dark steel colour to it in certain light.

Inside with flash

Outside shade

Direct sunlight
"Blueberry Bonanza" by Peita's Polish. Such a cute creamy blue base with dark blue hexes. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a top coat.

Glossy top coat in direct sunlight

Glossy top coat in shade 

Matte top coat in direct sunlight

Matte top coat in shade

"Mintberry Macaron" by Pretty Pots Polish. A mix of coloured glitters in a creamy mint base. I love this one, it is exactly the type of polish that I love to wear. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus  top coat. 

Glossy top coat in direct sunlight

Glossy top coat in shade

Matte top coat in direct sunlight

Matte top coat in shade
A small pack of extra stars was included for nail art, so I added some stars over the top.

Direct sunlight

Outside shade

"Fairy Cakes" by Glam Polish. So sweet and girly. A mix a different glitters and dots in a creamy white base. The name of this polish reminds me of my 5th birthday party which was a fairy themed party. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a top coat to smooth it all out.

Glossy top coat in shade

Matte top coat in shade

"Key Lime Pie" by Moonstone Polish. The only glitter topper this month. A mix of yellow and green glitters in a clear shimmery base. I dabbed one coat over black, I love how this makes the colours pop!



-Bettina