Monday, 24 February 2014

Moonstone Polish - Magic Treats Collection

Moonstone Polish is releasing their second collection inspired by sweets found in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. This collection has three jelly/crelly shades and three glitter toppers. As a huge Harry Potter fan I love the inspiration behind this collection, and I think the polishes are a perfect reflection of the theme.

(It has been overcast for days here so unfortunately I have no photos in direct sunlight as I had hoped.)

The first polish I have to share is "Bluebell Bubblegum." This is a great blurple polish with small and large dots. Inspired by Drooble's Best Blowing Gum. The bluebell coloured bubbles from this gum wouldn't pop for days. For my swatch I used three thin coats with a glossy and matte top coat.



Next is "Acid Pop." A dusty lime green with pops of gold and green dots. This polish is inspired by one of the sweets available at Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade. These lollipops are able to burn a hole in the tongue. For my swatch I used three thin coats with a glossy and matte top coat.  



The last crelly polish is "Every Flavour Beans." A purple base with a gold shimmer packed with 15 different coloured glitters. Inspired by the very popular Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, and they really do come in every flavour! For my swatch I used three in coats with a glossy and matte top coat. 



My favourite from the collection is "Levitating Sherbet Balls." Bright pink hexes and stars, pastel yellow dots, and neon yellow/green hexes with a touch of sparkle and iridescent glitters in a clear base. Inspired by Fizzing Whizbees, these sherbet balls cause a person to float. For my swatch I used one coat with a few extra glitters dabbed over "Baby's Got the Blues" by Miss Ashleigh with a glossy and matte top coat.



Next up is "Licorice Wand." Small silver hexes and holo stars, with black squares in a sparkly clear base. Inspired by a wand shaped sweet sold on the Hogwarts Express food trolley and at Honeydukes in Hogsmeade. At first I layered this over a darkish red base, but this polish looks so much better layered over really bright colours! For my swatch I dabbed one coat over "Fruit Tingle" by Ulta3 with a glossy and matte top coat.



Last up for the Magic Treats Collection is "Sugar Quill." A soft glitter topper with silver, white, and iridescent glitters of all shapes and sizes. Inspired by the delicate sugar spun sweets that look just like real quills, and can be secretly consumed in class. For my swatch I used two thin coats over black with a glossy and matte top coat. 



The Magic Treats Collection is now available from Moonstone Polish with a 10% discount on individual shades and 20% off the whole collection until the 3rd of March. You can also check out Moonstone Polish on Facebook and Instagram

-Bettina