Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Christmas Tag

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday.

Today I have decided to do something a little different. I saw a Christmas tag post by Ten Little Nubs and decided to join in and share a few of my favourite things about Christmas.

Here we go...

What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
I love the atmosphere around Christmas time, and spending Christmas eve with my family at my grandmothers house.

When you were a kid, what did you leave for Santa on Christmas Eve?
The typical biscuits and milk, and for the reindeer we left out a bucket of water and some carrots. In the morning the biscuits and milk would be gone. The carrots would be eaten with just the ends left over and the water would be gone too. I remember one year my dad got alpaca poo from the neighbours yard and said that it was left their by the reindeer (at this point I was a little bit older).

Do you and/or your family have any Christmas Traditions?
Every year we go to my grandparents house for Christmas. My grandfather is originally from Poland so my extended family has carried on some Polish traditions including celebrating on Christmas eve and sharing Oplatek.

When decorating, do you go all out or just do a small amount of decorating?
When I was younger we just had a few decorations, Christmas tree, a string of lights outside, and a few other little things around the house. When I moved to America that all changed. Now we go all out with decorations. Lights all over the house and a full on Christmas village inside.

What is your favourite Christmas food?
I don't think I have a favourite Christmas food. There are foods that we have at Christmas but also at other times of the year, so they are not Christmas specific foods, does that still count? At Christmas I particularly enjoy prawns, marinated chicken wings, and Roses chocolates.

What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Pretty much every Christmas movie is a good one but my favourites would probably be A Christmas Story, or The Santa Clause.

What is your favourite Christmas song?
I don't think I have a favourite Christmas song, but when I was younger we always used to listen to Neil Diamonds Christmas album so to me that is the sound of Christmas.

What was your favourite gift you ever received?
I don't even know! As a young kid I remember being excited about a lot of presents, like dolls and other toys just like any little kid would.  I remember one year I was very excited to get my very first mobile. A few years ago, when I was living in America, my parents brought me my high school class ring. I still wear it every day and hardly ever take it off, it is a great memory of my time in America.

What is your favourite Christmas memory?
The first thing that pops into my head is simply spending Christmas Eve with the family. But then I think about my first Christmas in America with our exchange student from Denmark. Then the year we had a white Christmas in the mountains, snowboarding, decorating gingerbread cookies, and playing board games by the fire.

Does it snow where you live?
Not here in Australia, as it is summer. It doesn't even snow here in the winter. When I lived in America there was flurries of snow my first Christmas but it didn't stick. One year we went up to the mountains with our friends to stay in their cabin and we had a very white Christmas!

Do you own an "Ugly holiday sweater"?
Nope. It is summer here so no need for a sweater. Even when I lived in America I didn't have a Christmas sweater.

Hot chocolate or eggnog?
I'm not really a big fan of either of them, and it is summer so it is also too hot. I am happy just drinking water.

Have you ever been kissed under a mistletoe?
Nope. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever actually seen mistletoe. If  I have I didn't recognise it.

That's it! I hope you liked this post for a little change and that you liked learning a little it about my Christmas.   :)    Let me know if you do this tag too, I would love to read it!

Merry Christmas everyone!

-Bettina

I am way behind in my nail posts so hopefully over the next two days I will be able to catch up with all my swatches and Christmas nail art before I have to go back to work.