Friday, 25 October 2013

Moonstone Nail Polish

Today I have swatches from a brand new Aussie indie brand called Moonstone Nail Polish. These beautiful polishes are hand mixed and made with love by the very creative Caitlin. Moonstone Polish will be available on the 29th of October, so mark it on your calendar! 

The name Moonstone Polish was inspired by the use of moonstone in the Harry Potter world. Moonstone is used in several love potions, and mixing polish is like mixing potions. I seriously love the inspiration behind the name I think it is such a perfect fit, and so unique. I love nail polish and I am also a huge Harry Potter fan, so of course I am going to like the name.

The first polish that I have to show you today is called 'Midnight Express." This one is so pretty and super sparkly. It has a deep purpleish base with blue and purple micro glitter that gives it more of a blue finish rather than a purple finish. It is also packed with small blue and holo hex glitters. For my swatch I used three thin coats and  I did my best to capture all the holo sparkle.


Direct sunlight

Shade

Direct sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Partial sunlight

Inside with flash


Next up is "Time Child." This one has a steely-blue sparkly metallic base, really and awesome colour. Then packed with various sizes of silver holo hex glitters. For my swatch I used three thin coats, but you could easily get away with two as the base colour is wonderfully pigmented. The only bad thing about the base colour being so opaque and pigmented is that you can see the hexes through the layers but the holo effect is covered up.

Direct sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Direct sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight


Inside with flash

Flash


Last but not least is "New Romantic."  For my swatch I used one coat dabbed over O.P.I. "My Vampire is Buff." This polish is soft and pretty, so I wanted to try it over a soft neutral base.  I also wanted to swatch this one over a darker base, but I broke a nail and didn't want odd length swatches. This glitter topper has slightly transparent white hearts, with white, gold and pink mini hex glitters I needed to do a bit of fishing to get the hearts out, but that is to be expected with larger glitters.

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight


Sunlight


Shade

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight with matte top coat


Check out Caitlin's swatches of her full launch collection HERE.

The full Moonstone launch collection will be available HERE from the 29th of October!

-Bettina