Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Colour Riot!

I am so honored to have been able to swatch the entire Colour Riot Collection by Prettypots Polish. The full collection consists of 12 really glittery and colouful polishes plus one limited edition polish!


Starting off with "Riot on the Sidewalk." This one was a surprise favorite for me, I liked it in the bottle but was amazed at how it looked on! This polish has medium sized matte yellow/orange, green, blue, pink, and black hexes with larger black hexes in a soft sky blue base. For my swatch I used three coats. The base of this one is a bit thin, in a way this is good because the glitter can show through the layers, but at the same time you need a few layers to reach full opacity. If you wanted you could layer a few coats over a light blue base. I love the soft blue base colour of this one in the sunlight but it looks more grey in the shade, which is most likely from the black glitters. I think this one would look good with a matte top coat too, but I'll have to try that another time. 

Macro

Inside with flash

Direct sunlight

Shade






 Next is "Wild  Child." A creamy base with gold micro glitter and turquoise, orange, and pink matte glitter. For my swatch I used three easy coats. I imagine that this one would also look really cool with a matte top coat.
Macro

Direct sunlight
Sunlight

Outside shade

 "Berry Rapturous" is a dark purplish jelly with black specks, pink dots, silver stars, hearts, and diamonds. For a polish so packed with glitter it had a good formula and was fairly easy to apply. Three coats with top coat for my swatch.

Macro

Inside flash

Direct sunlight

Shade

Next is the colourful "Candy Wreck." I was surprised at how much I liked this one. Pink squares, green dots, purple stars and mini dots in a shimmery purple base. The base on this one is quite thin so I layered one coat over a soft purple (Sorry, I don't have a name for the base colour, the sticker came off).

Macro

Inside with flash


Direct sunlight

Shade


"Carousel" is another favorite. Yep, I have lots of favorites in this collection! A soft purple base with holo squares, pink and blue dots. So beautiful. For my swatch I used three coats with top coat.


Macro

Direct sunlight

Partial sunlight

Full shade

"Today I am Fearless." This polish is packed with red, black and silver glitter. This one is bold! I layered one coat over black. This one can be layered over it's self but I found it became quite thick. 

Macro

Direct sunlight

Shade

Sunlight

"Starlight Tango" is an amazing glitter topper! So bright and girly, I love it! This one is packed with blue stars, large pink hex, and smaller pink and blue hex glitters in a clear base. I layered one coat over a light purple (same purple as before, still no name).

Macro

Inside

Outside

"Empress Satin" is a bit different from the rest of the collection. This is a bright pearly yellow polish. For my swatch I used three coats. This polish glides on smoothly and builds to opacity quickly.

Macro
Inside

Direct sunlight

Shade

"Ethereal Dusk" This is a super glittery and sparkly polish packed with orange, brown and blue glitters. Overall it looks more like a burnt orange, rather than a bright orange. I love the combination of the contrasting blue glitter in with the orange. For my swatch I used three coats alone with a top coat. This one looks amazing when the sunlight reflects off the glitters. 

Macro

Inside

Direct sunlight

Sunlight


Another amazing polish! This is "Night on the Highway." It was like instant galaxy nails! So much more beautiful than I expected it to be, even the formula was amazing! Large holo blue hex with smaller gold hex and micro glitter. For my swatch I used one coat dabbed over O.P.I "I saw... U saw... We Saw... Warsaw" with a top coat.

Macro

Inside with flash

Outside shade

Direct sunlight


"Paparazzi" is another fun and bright glitter topper. This one has green, blue, and yellow hex in a slightly tinted shimmery green base, with a really smooth formula.  For my swatch I layered one coat over black.

Macro

Inside

Direct sunlight

Shade


The last polish from the main collection is "Euphoria" This one is a bight glitter topper with small orange and yellow gold glitters as well as long black bar glitters. I'm not always a fan of bar glitter as they tend to curl or just look out of place but it fits in so well in this polish and they were easy to fish out too. I layered one coat over white for my swatch.

Macro

Direct sunlight

Shade

The last polish is the limited edition "Monster Grimace." This is another awesome and colourful polish with pink, green, white, and black matte glitter in a purple base. This polish could easily be layered over it's self to reach full opacity but as the base is also quite thin I chose to layer two coats over a light purple (still the same purple, I really like this purple!).

Macro

Inside

Shade

Direct sunlight


The Colour Riot Collection is available from Prettypots Polish Etsy Store from the 1st of November.


-Bettina