Thursday, 10 October 2013

Bella's Touch Lacquer

Today I have some swatches from another fairly new Aussie indie brand, Bell's Touch Lacquer.
I love trying out new indie brands, as each polish is also so unique.

Out of the five polishes that I have today my favorite would have to be "Livin' in the 80's" I'm not always a hug fan of neon polishes but this one is pretty awesome! I first used four coats with no undies and a matte topcoat. I wanted to see what the polish would look like layered by its self, but I think that four coats was a bit thick, super colorful though!

Inside with flash

Outside shade

Outside direct sunlight

Next I layered one coat over "My Vampire is Buff" by O.P.I. I love this polish over a neutral base as it shows up each of the colors much better than when it was layered over its self. I also added a matte top again, I love my matte top coat! I can't wait to layer this polish over different colors to see how it turns out.

Inside with flash

Direct sunlight

outside shade
Macro



This next crazy bright and colorful polish is "Pinky Promise." A hot pink base with small neon matte blue glitters. This has a good formula and I only needed two coats. It's only now that I am thinking I should have added a matte top coat, but I'll have to leave that for another time.

Inside

Direct sunlight

Outside shade

Macro


"Aquamarine."  This one is super sparkly and looks great in the sun, but it has a fairly thin formula, so I suggest using some undies, unless you want to do four coats on its own like I did. It has a really thin blue jelly base packed with green, aqua and holo glitter. I was surprised how much it seemed to change in different lighting, so pretty when the light hits it.

Inside

Direct sunlight (my favorite one)

Outside shade
Macro


"Heart Breaker" is a beautiful glitter topper with blue/purple iridescent glitters. It was a good formula and I only had to layered one coat over "I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw" by O.P.I.

Inside with flash

Outside shade

Direct sunlight


"Mix & Match" This one is AWESOME! I love black and white glitter toppers but I love how this one has irregular black and white shards rather than regular shaped glitter. I was expecting this formula to be a bit thick, but it was actually quite good, and I only needed one coat! For my swatch I used one coat over Ulta3 "Corsican Rose" and finished with a matte top coat. It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice-cream!

Direct sunlight

Outside shade

Macro



Head over to Bella's Touch Lacquer on Etsy and use the code  "Bettina5"  to get 5% off your purchase! :)

-Bettina