Sunday, 6 October 2013

31 Day Challenge: Days 21-31

Last part of the 31 day challenge and I have ended up getting very far behind. Being away for a few days, getting sick and being called into work unexpectedly haven't hasn't allowed for much nail time to complete the challenge. Better luck next year, maybe?

Day 21: Inspired by a colour
"Mermaids Tale" by Sally Hansen. My nails aren't really inspired by a colour, but close enough, right?





Day 22: Inspired by a song
Inspired by the song Diamonds by Rihanna. Stamping over a glittery black base, I love how this turned out!




Day 23: Inspired by a movie.
My cartoonish version of spells colliding, inspired by the Harry Potter movies. I even used "Stupefy" and "Avada Kedavra" by Alanna Renee, very fitting polishes for today's design.



The inspiration 


Day 24: Inspired by a book
Inspired by the cover of the first book of The Tomorrow Series (my favorite series of books). I need to work on my fine detailed work a bit more, but considering I don't do much fine detailed work I am proud of my efforts and how this one turned out.



The inspiration 
(If you haven't read these books, I highly recommend it!)


Day 25: Inspired by fashion
I don't really keep up with fashion trends of the world of celebrities so I had to Google this one for some inspiration. I was inspired by a dress worn by Kate Mara at the 2013 Emmy Awards.  I used O.P.I "Don't Touch My Tutu" as my base but it's a very sheer polish, so I apologize for the almost naked nails!



The inspiration 



Day 26: Inspired by a pattern
I love the Burberry pattern so it was obvious to me what I had to do.



The inspiration 



Day 27: Inspired by artwork
I chose to not use a specific art piece, but an art style. Traditional aboriginal dot paintings.





Day 28: Inspired by a flag
CANADA! I recently brought a small maple leaf hole punch and I saw this as the perfect opportunity to try it out for the first time. I love how it turned out!





Day 29: Inspired by the supernatural
The first thing that popped into my head was to do ghosts, but what do ghost look like? Are they real? I was inspired by the things that you see out of the corner of your eye, the things that aren't there when you do a double take. Maybe it was a ghost. For this design I did a water marble using O.P.I "Don't Touch My Tutu" and Nail envy over black. I love the smokey effect.





Day 30: Inspired by a tutorial
Waterfall nails inspired by The Nailasaurus. I have loved her design ever since I first saw it and have been meaning to do it for a while.



Day 31: Honor nails you love
When I saw this design by Erin I could not get the idea out of my head, so I had to do it, I had no choice!
I did the design just as an accent nail as it took awhile and I don't always have a lot of time, but I love it! Will have to try this with different colours one day.




I have to say, I am glad it is over! It was great to do some nail art though as I feel like I've been doing more swatches than anything else recently. Can't wait for next year! Maybe I can do a better job of keeping up next year!

-Bettina