Friday, 27 September 2013

Shades of Phoenix Halloween Trio - Dia de Muertos

More amazing polishes from Shades of Phoenix for Halloween!
As always, they are all beautiful polishes with smooth formulas. Some of the many reasons why I love Shades of Phoenix.

(I am also loving the new boxes that the Shades of Phoenix polishes come in.)


Dia de Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is a Mexican holiday in remembrance for those who have died.

Halloween Trio - Dia de Muertos




"Mictlan" has a gorgeous dusty purple base with purple flecks and glitters, as well as orange and green glitters. The best way I can describe this one is, Halloween in a bottle! For my swatch I used three thin coats on its own, but it could easily be layered over a base colour.

Direct sunlight

Outside in the shade

Macro

And a few more photos because I really liked this polish.  :)





"Calaca" is the limited edition polish of the collection. It has a burnt orange jelly base with loads of tiny orange glitters and medium coloured glitter as well as large dots (which were hard to fish out). It came with a small pack of large pink glitter dots, which I probably should have used in place of fishing out glitter from the bottle, but I was loving it with out it. For my swatch I layered two coats over Ulta3 "Tangerine Tango." So much sparkle.

Inside with flash

Outside

Macro.

The last one from the collection is "Catrina." A green jelly base with different small and medium green glitters. This one was quite thin on its own so for my swatch I layered two thin coats over O.P.I "Green-wich Village."

Direct sunlight

Outside shade

Macro

Teneil, the master mind behind Shades of Phoenix, is a genius when it comes to polish making.

This amazing trio is being released on Shades of Phoenix Etsy store tonight at 6:30!

-Bettina